WestCoast Children’s Clinic seeks a talented Staff Accountant who is dedicated to helping our agency make a difference in the community. We are looking for a detail-oriented and skilled accountant who will be responsible for processing a variety of accounting transactions in the Sage MIP accounting system. Responsibilities of this position will include preparing general ledger entries, producing monthly financial reporting, preparing bank and balance sheet reconciliations, and supporting the annual audit and tax preparation.
How the Staff Accountant makes an impact:
- Responsible for accurate accounting records, reconciling all balance sheet accounts, bank and credit card statements, benefit reconciliations and subsidiary ledgers.
- Reviews timesheets and processes bi-monthly payroll through ADP systems for 175 employees.
- Maintains employee updates on ADP systems and performs periodic reconciliations of employee deductions.
- Prepares schedules for accruals, prepaids, and capital leases.
- Assists with the accounts receivable reconciliations to the sub-ledger systems.
- Allocates expenses to the appropriate program, departments and/or grants.
- Prepares monthly financial reporting packages as defined.
- Supports the annual audit and tax preparation.
- Additional responsibilities as requested by the Director of Finance & Accounting.
The ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance with 3 years’ experience in accounting, preferably in the non-profit sector.
- Experience with accounting software packages, preferably Sage MIP.
- Solid understanding of general ledger, accounts receivable, and fixed asset systems.
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of the accounting cycle and accounting rules (GAAP/FASB).
- Ability to prioritize and work accurately with close attention to detail; strong time management skills and an ability to work independently.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Bilingual and multicultural candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Position Details and Compensation:
This is a full-time, exempt position reporting to our Director of Finance & Accounting. Compensation is $55,000 to $60,000, depending on experience. Includes competitive benefits package, 403(b) and performance-based compensation plans.
WestCoast Children’s Clinic is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diminishing the influence of privilege and discrimination in our field and our workplace, whether due to differences concerning age, citizenship, color, disability, marital or parental status, race, religion, gender expression or sexual orientation.