WestCoast Children’s Clinic is committed to providing psychological services to vulnerable children, youth, and their families regardless of their ability to pay and to expanding the reach of psychological services through practice and research. To ensure the ongoing availability of these services, WestCoast is dedicated to training the next generation of mental health professionals.
WestCoast Children’s Clinic is seeking for an Office & Administrative Assistant who will have the chance to gain valuable skills and deeper insight into a non-profit agency that serves approximately 1,500 children and families annually in the community and in our clinic. In this role, the Office & Administrative Assistant will focus on Clinical Services and Facilities departments, completing projects and other assignments. If you have always wanted to learn more about the way a non-profit agency operates, particularly one focused on mental health care services or public health, here is a great opportunity.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Completes project work relevant to the agency’s strategic goals as well as to its day-to-day operations.
- Provides support to Clinical Services and Facilities departments, enabling the Office & Administrative Assistant to learn about the overall operations of the agency.
- Reports to assigned department managers.
- Provides end-of-internship report of work performed, lessons learned and recommendations for future internships.
- Other special projects and duties as assigned.
Facilities Department Duties:
- Answers and directs phone calls
- Checks-in visitors
- Assists in the set-up / tear down of clinical trainings and staff events
- Provides additional support to Facilities team as needed
Clinical Services Department Duties:
- Maintains the clinical chartroom (including creating new charts, filing and chart requests).
- Audits clinical charts for documentation completeness and quality.
- Fax medical records.
The ideal candidates have…
- Interest or is majoring in the field of psychology, public health or related field.
- Must be a current UC Berkeley undergraduate and eligible for work-study program.
- General office skills – typing, filing, office machines and knowledge of proper phone etiquette.
- Familiarity with Word, Excel and Mac OS.
- Clean CA DMV record, current car insurance and access to car for special events or projects.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. with assistance.
Position Details and Compensation:
- Part-time, 12-20 hours/week, Monday through Friday during the hours of 8:30am-5:30pm or based on school schedule.
- We are located at Fruitvale BART station, within easy access to the UC Berkeley campus.
- This work-study position begins in October 2017.
- Pay rate: $14.60 per hour, does not include benefits.
- This position reports to Clinical Services and Facilities Managers.
TO APPLY: Please submit resume/CV and cover letter using our online form here. Cover letters are an important part of our applicant review process and you must include one with your resume in order to be considered.
WestCoast Children’s Clinic is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diminishing the influence of privilege and discrimination in our field and our workplace, whether due to differences concerning age, citizenship, color, disability, marital or parental status, race, religion, gender or sexual orientation.