WestCoast Children’s Clinic is seeking a skilled Executive Assistant who is responsible for the organization and execution of the major projects and plans of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Chief Financial Officer (CFO). This position also provides administrative support and reports directly to the CEO and CFO.
- Provides administrative support to the CEO, including managing CEO’s schedule and incoming/outgoing communications for the CEO and CFO, booking travel, drafting correspondence, scheduling media and other public appearances, and making corresponding Google Calendar arrangements
- Prepares CEO for daily scheduling demands through compiling needed background information, proactively reaching out for data, statistics and other informational materials
- Exercises considerable discretion and judgment in all areas, including but not limited to priorities and effective use of CEO’s time
- Ensures that CEO is properly briefed for events, meetings, media appearances and public speeches, conducts time sensitive research for CEO’s public speaking and media appearances
- Plans and prepares for Board and Committee Meetings, including scheduling, preparing/distributing agenda and other materials, providing support during the meetings, drafting minutes, and tracking attendance
- Interfaces with high-level executives, donors, and staff members on behalf of the CEO and WestCoast, acts as liaison with Board of Directors
- Composes business correspondence, monitors external/internal communications, addresses communications in an expeditious manner and brings critical issues to the immediate attention of the CEO and/or CFO, as applicable
- Initiates and follows up on high level contacts of a complex nature inside and outside of the agency
- Provides staff support to Policy & Communications team with prospect and donor research
- Coordinates the annual performance evaluation process for the CEO
- Helps update and maintain the agency’s knowledge management system
- Provides support to leadership on various committees, including scheduling, distribution agendas and drafting minutes
- Assists with a variety of special projects/events, as needed
Our Ideal Candidate will have:
- BA/BS strongly preferred
- 3 – 5 years executive support and office administration experience
- Board of Directors involvement preferred
- High levels of initiative, ownership thinking and integrity
- Technical knowledge/skills: Advanced proficiency using Mac platform and in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Outlook, Google Apps, Dropbox
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of professionalism and ability to maintain strict confidentiality standards
- Familiarity with Board of Director roles and procedures
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, multitasking, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities, competing requests, and workflow under pressure; and to focus in a very fast-paced environment and be flexible with multiple daily interruptions, schedule changes, etc.
- Ability to deal effectively with diverse individuals at all organizational levels, inside and outside WestCoast
- Attention to detail – very strong proofing and editing skills
- Excellent judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions, anticipating the needs of others
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees
- Knowledge of and sensitivity around issues of race, class, and ethnicity
- Knowledge of community mental health systems and the delivery of mental health services in community-based or mobile settings a plus
Salary and Benefits:
This is a full-time, salaried (exempt) position reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Financial Officer. Competitive pay commensurate with experience includes base salary plus performance based comp, comprehensive benefits package and 403(b) plan.
Please use the online submission form here to submit your cover letter and resume describing how you meet these qualifications. Please note that cover letters are an important part of our applicant review process. It is also helpful to let us know where you saw this posting.
About WestCoast Children’s Clinic (WCC):
Since 1979, WestCoast Children’s Clinic has provided mental health services to over 20,000 vulnerable children and families, trained generations of clinicians, and published innovative research to inform public policy. We see over 1,700 kids annually, who all live below the federal poverty level. Sixty-five percent are in foster care due to abuse, neglect or because their parents can’t take care of them. Through five community-based programs, WestCoast helps children grow up free to realize their potential. What we learn from our clients informs our practice, research and advocacy efforts.
WestCoast Children’s Clinic is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diminishing the influence of privilege and discrimination in our field and our workplace, whether due to differences concerning age, citizenship, color, disability, marital or parental status, race, religion, gender or sexual orientation.